Employment and Experience
- Assistant (1989) and Associate (1995) Professor with tenure, Rochester
Institute of Technology, Center for Imaging Science, College of Science
Astronomer (since 1991) C.E.K. Mees Observatory, Department of Physics
and Astronomy, University of Rochester
- Associate Director (since 1995) C.E.K. Mees Observatory, University
of Rochester ( for a copy of the most recent Mees Report click here)
- JOVE Fellow (Summer 1993) Space Science Laboratory, NASA Ames Research
Center, Mountain View, California.
- DITEC Fellowship for Research Visit to Australia June-July 1992 at
- Project Scientist (1989) Electro-Optics Laboratory, Institute of Space
and Terrestrial Science, York University, Canada.
- Development of a calibration facility to evaluate the performance of
CCD arrays in the 400-1000 nm region under sub-contract to ESA and SPAR
- Research Scientist (1988 to 1989) Surveillance Research Laboratory,
Optoelectronics Division, Defence Science and Technology Organisation,
- Testing and evaluation of PtSi and HgCdTe arrays for high speed surveillance
- Research Associate (1985 to 1988), Department of Physics and Astronomy,
University of Rochester.
- Design and construction of 58 x 62 InSb camera system for laboratory
evaluation and as an observing system. Extensive testing of these arrays
and study of the underlying solid state physics limiting their performance.
This work was done to characterization detector arrays for the SIRTF Band
1 (2 - 5 ) Infrared Array Camera.