Creation of a Neural Network to Assist in Deciphering
Degraded Ancient Hebrew Texts
Daniel B Hentschel
Table of Contents | Thesis
- de Bruyne, P., R. Korolnik, "Segmentation and
Recognition of Calligraphic Text," Second International Conference
on Artificial Neural Networks, No. 349, pp. 214-218, November 1991.
- Nellis, J., T. J. Stonham, "A Fully Integrated
Hand-Printed Character Recognition System Using Artificial Neural Networks,"
Second International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks, No.
349, pp. 219-223, November 1991.
- Elliman, D. G., R. N. Banks, "A Comparison of
Two Neural Networks for Hand-Printed Character Recognition," Second
International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks, No. 349, pp.
224-228, November 1991.
- Lee, Seong-Whan, Eung-Jae Lee, "Integrated Segmentation
and Recognition of Connected Handwritten Characters with Recurrent Neural
Network," Document Recognition III, Proceedings SPIE - The International
Society for Optical Engineering, Vol. 2660, pp. 251-261, January 1996.
- Chester, Michael, Neural Networks: A Tutorial,
Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 1993.
- Haykin, Simon, Neural Networks: A Comprehensive
Foundation, Macmillan College Publishing Company, Inc., New York, 1994.
- Flores, Edna, Eder N. Rezende, Gilberto A. Carrijo,
Joao B. T. Yabu-tti, "A Fast Thinning Algorithm for Characters,"
1995 IEEE Workshop On Nonlinear Signal And Image Processing, Web
- Kutza, Karsten, "Backpropagation Network with
Bias Terms and Momentum," Web page: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1624/bpn.html,
- Hanson, Adam, Character Recognition of Optically
Blurred Textual Images Using Moment Invariants, Rochester Institute
of Technology Center for Imaging Science,1993.
- Sanders, Lee C., Recognition of Optically Blurred
Characters Using Invariant Moments, Rochester Institute of Technology
Center for Imaging Science,1994.